Sunday, October 2, 2011

Materialistic

I used to be super materialistic when I was with my ex-boyfriend. I had my own reasons really (which I'm not bothered to state here) but nevertheless, I was materialistic.

Now I'm not saying I'm currently free from materialism but I guess it doesn't matter that much to me. That all changed when, well, I fell in love with the man I'm with now. Of course money is still important no matter what, but it's like being rich is nothing if I don't get to spend the rest of my life with him. Now I know that may sound cheesy but oh well I am one cheesy lady.

When I first got together with this man a friend asked me, "Do you think he can support you in the future?" My frank answer to this was, "I really don't know, but I feel so happy with him, the kind of happiness I've never felt before so that's all I think about."

I guess looking for someone who loves you dearly and makes you extremely happy is much more important than looking for someone with lots of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment