Monday, May 30, 2011

Stages

I was 17 barely 18,
you were the kindest but hurting you was what I ended up doing.

I was 17 barely 18,
I started getting to know the world I never knew about during high school,
I liked you and I thought you liked me too,
but no I was just a foolish young girl hoping for something that would never happen,
I was just a mistress.

I was 17 barely 18,
you were the perfect one,
was so close to being able to show you what I had to offer,
but all of a sudden you walked away.

I was 18 barely 19,
was still an immature kid thinking this was the one,
I became a woman beside you for almost 3 years,
but God has better plans for us,
the longest of them all eventually ended too.

I was 20 barely 21,
never intended on anything but you assumed it differently,
you thought I would wait, put up, and chase after you,
but honey I left that for someone else to do.

I was 21 barely 22,
heart opens up once again to the kindest of them all,
the only one would ever wait for 3 years,
the only one who still accepted me despite all the others I had been through,
you.

With many more years to come,
there's nothing to do but go on with what we have,
things happen for a reason,
accept it, live it, and learn from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment